Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Strangers&Smiles

For my summer job, i work at UNC campus in one of my Dad's buildings. In the past couple of days I've met many new people and continue to pass strangers everyday. At 5 o' clock (when my shift ends) i walk at least a mile to my dad's office. Every day i make that walk, i pass many different strangers. I smile at all of them that look at me, or say hello and make quick small talk. I tell you, smiling (especially to strangers) makes my day. Smiling in general. And i know it makes their day too. It is such an amazing second-long connection you can make with others. That little impact can change their attitude, which may change their day (and always changes mine).
Kindness goes a long way. It's essential. If you are genuine to others, you can have amazing life long impacts on them. The little moments add up. I have remembered every person (strangers included) who have been friendly, compassionate and loving towards me. These, all added up throughout my whole life span, have founded the positivity i have today. My positivity is based off of the impact it has for others, and for myself.

"Smile
tho'
your heart is aching,
Smile
Even though it's breaking,
When there are clouds in the sky- You'll get by,
If you
Smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through- For you.
Light up your face with gladness,
Hide ev'ry trace of sadness,
Altho' a tear may be ever so near,
That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile- What's the use of crying,
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you just smile.
"
{smile by charlie chaplin}


much love,

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment