Sunday, June 5, 2011

an ordinary extraordinary day

i woke up this morning like every sunday. an hour before church. i got ready and ran out the door holding my shoes. normal church service began. but when people began to share their testimonies and feelings, i got this gigantic wave of comfort. i knew i was where i was supposed to be and that i needed to hear this. i hadnt felt that spiritually full since last summer. although efy last year was incredibly emotionally draining (oof) but the spirit was the same.

my kids. william, hunter, elizabeth, skyler, evan, lydia, eloise and guy.

whenever i teach them, especially today, it is amazing. through their random comments and disruptive actions, they know whats right. they may be 5 but they have been built up with the most perfect foundation. i have no other feeling but love when im around them.

i learned the hugest lesson in my life today. i need the church in my life wherever i am. i cannot have it away from me. it is the best support system, the best upliftment and unlike anything else on this earth.



much love,



j.

2 comments:

  1. Woot woot! How Firm a Foundation! :-) P.S. Sooooo sad that we're going to miss your party... we are heading off for exotic Utah this week to celebrate my sister's wedding. But ALL the best and we'll catch up later. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. The gospel is sooo key. You're going to love institute and all the gospel learning that goes on in college. It was the best time of my life, and the best for my testimony.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete