Friday, August 19, 2011

my little, mighty hero

This picture may be blurred, but it means so much to me.
I have babysat for lucy and her siblings (seth, hazel and avery) many times.
i absolutely love the mangum family.
every single one of them,
but what happened to lucy, and how she responded is absolutely inspiring.
if i were bitten by a shark, i would most likely be afraid of the ocean,
and be absolutely distressed. but not lucy. not one bit.
the second i walked into the door she was exuberant and i would've never suspected anything happened besides her hopping around and me already knowing the story.

i got about 3 minutes alone to talk to lucy amongst the chaos and excitement.
i could tell she was already sick of talking about sharks,
but she was patient with my questions,
"what did you think of when you got bit?"
"did you know i saw you on tv?"
"did you know that im extremely proud of you?"

visiting was just what i needed. i wanted lucy to know that i was yet another person that was so incredibly proud and amazed by her. and i always will be.

i am so happy i got to see the kiddos and jordan one last time before college.



lucy in extremely good spirits


me and jordan


me and kendra with all the kiddies



hazel combing my hair


not many people are like lucy,
especially not me.
little kids teach us more than we know.
especially the ones who go through experiences we'll never go through.
and react a lot better than we ever would.

much love,


j.

No comments:

Post a Comment