Friday, July 15, 2011

6 years ago


{i HATE that this is tilted but there was no way i could flip it!}

I moved to North Carolina 6 years ago. My life before then was very different. It was dull, and sad. I had no idea what Chapel Hill would give me. I found my 12 year old diary recently and found my posts incredibly fascinating. They were messy, but very easy to read in between the lines. In most of the writings i gave my future self advice like "don't give up" and "don't let other people put you down" which was really interesting because during the time those were written, i was incredibly vulnerable and torn down by bullying. On most days i forget that person i was, because today i am far from it. I have no tolerance for bullying, and i am barely fazed when and if anyone does bully me. But, i can not stand other people being bullied because i know exactly how it feels.

My 12 year old self had no idea.

I didn't know that i would kiss a boy a year later for the first time.

Or have a cease in the bullying.

and be as successful as i have become.

I have no shame in telling anyone about that time in my life. It was the hardest so far, but i learned so much from it. Without it, i dont think i would be as confident, tolerant and able to do all that i do.

Dear 12 year old me,

you will become someone that is far beyond what you expected.




much love,


j.



No comments:

Post a Comment