Tuesday, July 26, 2011

small things with meaning

This picture. fills me with longing and love. amongst its many details, and in focus, is my grandmothers ring. three opals looped with gold. on my finger.

the last time she was alive was ten years ago. when i was 8 years old.

at that age i had no idea how much she would mean to me.

and how much i would want her in every important moment in my life.

but, wearing that ring, reminds me of who she was, what she means to me,

and even though shes not there, i have a something of hers to remember it all.


i always remember the little things.

the smiles,
expressions,
and tiny details that mean the most.

i can never let go of all the little things i have that remind me of people. they mean the most, and remind me of some of the best times of my life.


much love,


j.




No comments:

Post a Comment