Tuesday, November 9, 2010

life & it's consistency


The present time. It's either good, bad or just happening. It's easy to forget about the future, but difficult to forget about the past. The present time for me, is calm. Although i could easily be stressed about various crazy things, i'm choosing to have a calm approach. You can always choose how you feel, but you can't control how others feel or react. It is easy to fall into the trap of consistency with other people. It can be easy to be influenced by their reactions, but there is never a set type. No matter how 'traditional' your normal feelings should be in any situation, it doesnt have to be that way. For example, if someone is harassing me, and has been for quite some time, for lack of forgiveness, i can choose to be angry with them. Or i can take my current approach which is to stay calm and back away as often as possible. It is so difficult for me to go against the norm, but it is possible. You can completely control your reactions and feelings in any situation, but that does not mean it is easy.
In other current events, my birthday is in two weeks. I am so excited, as i always am for the one day i can be conceited out of the entire year. I hope to create a gigantic blog post of the entire day, and how amazing it was. The next day after, thanksgiving, me and my parents will be driving in the early morning to front royal, virginia to stay with my sister's future hubby's family. The friday after that, i will drive to dc to see the blakely's!!
There is always, always something to look forward to.
What's in your future? How will you choose to react?
much love,
j.

No comments:

Post a Comment