Saturday, February 20, 2010

Impact

Today, after going to my SAT class, me and my Dad stopped at Schlotzsky's Deli. We walked into the doors and went up to the counter. The guy who was taking our order was the manager. I instantly noticed something about him. He smiled constantly. It wasn't a robotic smile, or one that looked forced in any way. It genuinely gleamed. I ordered my food, smiling back at some times. When we got our food and were almost done eating, i went up to get a bag for my leftovers. He was there smiling again, happy to take any request. I'm sure if he didn't smile once i wouldn't notice anything particularly unique about him.
This whole experience made me realize, that the impact of a smile can go a long way. His genuine smile completely changed my day. It made me realize that our actions influence others constantly. He showed me, that strangers instantly make assumptions about each other, and that for him, and his decision, he made an everlasting impression on me. I will never forget this.
As me and my Dad drove back home, we discussed this incident. We both came to the conclusion, that smiling and being amiable makes an astounding difference on others. That manager may not have had the best day, or life, but he decided that he would uplift others, including himself and




smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment