Thursday, September 9, 2010

I just called 911

Before you freak out anymore, here's what happened.
I was driving home blasting my beats, and noticed the car in front of me swirving in an extremely dangerous way. First of all, car crashes are extremely damaging. Freshman year i had a near death experience because of a drunk driver, so i absolutely absolutely hate them. Anyways, so i was trying to decide what to do. Either to honk at them (but i also thought they could possibly be more dangerous because of that) or call the police. I picked up my phone and got to the keypad, pressed 911 and let it ring. It was very intense, probably not as intense as people who usually call that number, though. A man picked up, i told him in exact words "I was just driving and a car in front of me was swirving bad! The license plate was..." and i freaked out because i was sure i forgot it but it magically came back in my mind. I told him about it, where i was when i saw it and the kind of car. He thanked me and said they'd try to get someone to find it.
I'm relieved, but not completely.
It's possible that it could be too late for some other passing car. That thought scares me so much.

those possible innocent people. what if i know them?

oh no.

I'm also glad i called because i could possibly have stopped something before it happens.

It is so important to think of others when we make decisions. If you choose to drink and drive, you could kill innocent people, kids, family members, brothers, sisters of other people who will forever be effected by your mistake.

What if you are effected by the mistakes of others? What if it's your friend who becomes victim?

What if it's your fault that theres a missing spot at the table because of your selfish decision?

If i ever want to lecture anyone about anything, it would be drunk driving. (if you haven't noticed)

Please for everyones sake, including yours think about your decisions before you make them.

Always think of others, especially in your decisions.

If you see anyone driving dangerously, do as i did and call that number, before you regret.

Not relating to this at all...

I'm extremely excited for halloween. I can't wait for fall. I can't wait for jackets and scarves and uggs.

Except for not wanting to get out of bed in the morning, you know that feeling. Getting out of my warm bed in fall/winter is torture. Especially waking up at six every morning.

Here's our front door.



i hope this makes you crave it even more. maybe even as much as me.


Remember:
never ever drink and drive. or text and drive. or get distracted while driving.
& for your sake and mine, from now on i will not dance and drive ever again. {thats for you Nick}
Also, always always think of others before you make decisions.

Much love,

j.


p.s. i just had the most amazing photoshoot with austin simmons. he is the best.
i'll post more when he finishes editing. He is amazing to work with, affordable and so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I get pretty feisty about the effects of drinking too. Don't even get me started...

    Fall is my favorite season, I'm excited too.

    ReplyDelete