Monday, September 13, 2010

i'm not perfect


today was not good.

it's really difficult to not be effected by what people say or do to you.
you always hear to never base your happiness off of other people,
but most times out of others it's their fault.
or possible just your outlook and view on the situation.

people in my life are the most important thing.
i always put my social life before anything else,
because to me that is most important.
everyone exists for everyone else,
and everything else should be moved aside.

i've had a bad couple of days.
everyone has them, no matter how much they try to make them better.

i have learned a lot about myself.
usually more than other times, i think more of a person than they think of me,
and because of that, i usually freak them out.
for example, i tell them my problems, and they don't fully understand me enough to give appropriate advice. or choose to only see that side of me.
It's not even that serious of problems, just something enough for them to back off.

what do i do?
from now on, i am keeping everything to myself (this might get dangerous)
but i feel that since everyone i've recently talked to doesn't give a crap,
and i'm not benefiting from this at all, that it's better to keep things to myself
and get over it alone, so that i don't bother other people and try to mend what i have left.

i honestly just feel like no one cares.
this may be a bit dramatic, but ive had some recent events to really make me feel like this.

all i ask, is for you, if you do, to simply let me know you care.
if it's just "jeanette, i care" thats enough.
i feel bad asking for this, but my vision on things have been off.
i've thought people have cared when they actually haven't.
this may not be a humble request, but i honestly want to know.

if you were wondering at all, i care about you.
i do. even if i don't always smile at you or i haven't talked to you in awhile.
i honestly care about how you feel.
if you feel a certain way and think everyone will think youre ridiculous,
i won't.
call me up and just let it out.
im here for you.
as i said, you're first on my list.

Keep Calm & Carry On
i would love this. {birthday?}


much love,

j.






2 comments:

  1. Learning how not to overshare, or how to overshare with the right people is such a process! I have learned so many things the hard way Jeanette, it's not even funny.

    All that to say, I care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this trouble too and have had the same reaction: "fine, I'll just never tell anyone anything again." I've seriously said exactly the same thing. But, I've found it's kind of who I am and I do it again anyway.

    I think though that all those awkward times that I felt totally alone and misunderstood, and worse off for having expressed myself are worth it because of the few and truly amazing friends that I have that know all of me.

    I'm a firm believer that the thing people want most in life, more than advice, or concern, or anything is to feel understood. My best friends in life are the ones that I felt really took the time to understand me. So, if you find someone who does that, give them that gift in return and never let them go! People like that are gems!

    So, I say, don’t give up on sharing who you are, it’ll be weird sometimes, but it’s the only way you’ll find true friends.

    Annnnd, the next time I have issues, I’m calling you. =) I CARE!

    ReplyDelete