Monday, September 6, 2010

Remmy

The bad things started happening last wednesday. I noticed a couple days before then that remmy was always sleeping, but i didn't think much of it because gerbils usually sleep throughout the day. Wednesday night i decided to check up on her. I lifted up the hut she was sleeping in and found an extremely tiny, limping horrifically, remmy. I instantly began balling. Both of my parents were already there and my dad suggested that we take her to the vet the following day. I got picked up from school early thursday. I was calm, positive and prepared for anything. We got to the vet and the examined her tiny self. The doctor diagnosed that it was either an ear infection or a brain tumor; he gave her meds and we left. I was extremely happy with this, because before i thought that there would be no way out, but there was a better possible outcome than the worst. I began to treat her twice daily and watched her constantly. She seemed to get better until yesterday (sunday) when she didn't eat anything and seemed to not move all that much. I decided to hold her on me for awhile. That was the last time. I spent the night at kendra's and woke up to a text from my mom saying that she died. I came home and we buried her after we said some words about her.

Love can be found in all measures. When i first learned about remmy's issues i told some of my closest friends. To many of them i'm sure they didn't understand why i was so sad over such a small thing, but they realized it meant a lot to me and they cared about how i felt. Remmy may be small, but i loved her. She was complete happiness to me.


{Here is my absolutely favorite picture of her.}

{yesterday. holding her while she slowly faded away.}
{Her twice daily's}


This afternoon, i went to petco and got another gerbil. Because my other one (gemma) can't be alone. They only had boys, so we might have some babies eventually.
I named him...
Oakley!
{on the way home}
{he's extremely tiny}


When i think about it, i don't care about how many people think it's ridiculous to care so much for a tiny thing, because love is love. no matter how small something may be.

much love,

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment