Thursday, September 16, 2010

jeanette, in simplified words


Whenever i come across some phrase someone has said to describe something, usually themselves (and usually in a book) it is an awesome moment when they feel exactly the same way i do.
I just finished reading the book "The Secret Life of Prince Charming" by Deb Caletti. The title is does not match the story, so don't let that turn you away. If you know me enough, you know i don't prefer to read. But this book was incredible.
Anyways, on one of the last pages of the book, the main character describes herself,
"I know about my own ordinariness, I think most people do, and i am okay with it. I am not the most, the best, the fastest, the greatest, but i am enough. Regular and enough, with my own simple but clear voice that i am learning to hear, and my own feelings i'm learning to accept. Beautiful enough for the good people who really care about me"

that is me in a couple of sentences.
i find this description humbly honest.

sometimes, usually and preferably, enough is enough.

I am enough,
&hopefully, eventually,
i will become more than that.

much love,

always growing, ever learning,

j.


1 comment:

  1. A few clear messages in my life came together at one point a few years ago when I realized that our value as people, as humans, as children of God lies not in our being on the high end of some extreme (prettiest, smartest, most popular, best at playing the guitar, etc.) but rather, in our UNIQUE combination of talents, skills and experiences. There are always people who are smarter, better looking, more talented than us, and people who are worse than us, but it's not only one spectrum that counts. It's our unique combination of places on many spectrums. This is a new analogy that I just made up, but it's like we're a chord on a guitar. There isn't just one string and we're all located somewhere on that string either closer or further away from the apex. We are a chord, with locations on many strings that create a unique and beautiful sound when strummed together.

    ReplyDelete